A special thank you to all our partner organisations, and in particular our gratitude goes to the following:
- The Female Convict Research Centre, who provided access to data harvested by their volunteers including transcripts of the conduct records for female convicts disembarked in Van Diemen’s Land. The indefatigable energy and commitment of this organisation has been an inspiration to all who work with convict records.
- Professor Deb Oxley and Professor David Meredith, All Souls, Oxford, who kindly provided access to convict indent data and information about passholder contracts collected as part of a previous Australian Research Council funded project.
- Dr Peter Gunn, Flinders University and Associate Professor Rebecca Kippen, who provided access to transcripts of 19th century Tasmanian birth, death and marriage registers and associated coding dictionaries.
- The State Library and Archive service for providing access to their record collections, electronic indexes and data documentation and expertise.
- The Port Arthur Historic Site Management Authority , for sharing the transcripts of the conduct records of convicts known to have served on the Tasman Peninsula