The East Coast Heritage Museum and Glamorgan Spring Bay Historical Society Inc.
Glamorgan was the first rural municipality in Australia and Spring Bay the second. In 1821 the Meredith, Amos and Buxton families took up land grants in the area.
The Historical Society and Museum hold an amazing collection of documents, paintings, photographs, oral history and artefacts dating from the late 1700s. Currently our members are scanning, photographing, transcribing and indexing records.
Collaborating with academics, organisations and history groups they share a passion for Tasmanian history, linking the lives of convicts and free settlers.